Thursday, February 9, 2012

Walk at the Golden Gardens Marina, Feb 4, 2012

February 4th was like a Spring day, here in Seattle. It was 60 degrees and sunny, a fantastic gift to those of us who endure a lot of grey, drizzly days in the Emerald City. I took a long walk, starting from the beach, past the pier where there are always people fishing, and the entire length of the marina. The round trip was 2 miles. I began about half an hour before sunset and finished up just before full darkness fell. 




Para-sailing into radiance...





Standing on the pier, I tracked the para-sailor's progress
past the breakwater and into the marina...





Sunset from the pier, with a sailboat and seagull in attendance...






I love it when the sky turns to fiery copper...






The reflections of the lines on the boats were so perfect and clear,
the water like glass...






After I got back to the car, I marveled at the beauty of the evening,
and had to get back out of the car again to take these shots...





A more intimate shot of the beautiful night, Rhapsody in Blue.




I hope these images lift up your heart and your spirit. Sometimes all it takes is to step outside of your door.

Blessings,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment