Thursday, February 23, 2012

Campus and Park Overlook: Storm and Sun

A few dreamy photos from a surreal afternoon when it was sunny and hailing at the same time, then sunny and raining at the same time. We certainly do not lack variety in Seattle, or in this case, the Shoreline area. These photos were shot on the Shoreline Community College campus and a public park about a 1/2 mile down the road, around 4pm in the afternoon.  





Dream Road
One of my favorite things to do is to get in the car
 and just go, with my camera at the ready.
This photograph was enhanced in Photoshop.
I like the painterly effect...







Dream in the Rain
I like the dreamy soft-focus effect here. The sky and light
 were dramatic, with sun and blue sky southward
 and dark clouds, rain, and hail from the north...







Glowing Trees II
Sunshine on the trees with stormy sky behind.
I love this kind of dramatic light. Everything glows,
as from within, and colors blaze forth.
My favorite photographing weather...







Storm and Sun Medley III
I liked the shapes in this tall, sentinel of a tree,
against the stormy shapes of the clouds







Storm and Sun Medley I
Horizontal version, with more emphasis on the cloud banks,
 above and below...


Thank you for looking! 
Blessings,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment