Thursday, February 9, 2012

Volunteer Park Conservatory, Feb 5, 2012

I love the Volunteer Park Conservatory, and I was very distressed to find out that it is in danger of being closed, in these challenging economic times. The glass building dates back to 1912 and is a wonderful place to go and explore. There are 5 separate "houses" within the conservatory:  Palms, Ferns, Cacti, Bromeliads,  and the Seasonal Display House, with a variety of flowers.

Please go to http://www.volunteerparkconservatory.org/ to show your support for the Volunteer Park Conservatory.

The images below are just a fraction of the beautiful, intricate, and fascinating plants that can be viewed in person...

Sun Through Green





Blossom






Cacti I







White Icing








2 Leaves' White Icing








Red Heart








Glowing Veins








Leaf Lines








Spiraling I







Spiraling II







Intricacies in Red








Purple on Green







Cacti with Window





A shot each of the Cactus and Palm Houses:



Palm House





Cactus House



I hope you enjoy these images. There is always more to discover in Nature, even if it is inside of a greenhouse. Nature has personally given me solace and joy in its beauty, fascination in its intricacy and the deep inspiration of witnessing endless creative innovation. Through my walks in our parks, beside the water, and under the sky, I cannot help but feel the deep connectedness between all Life. I wish this solace and happiness for you, too.

Blessings,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment