Thursday, February 23, 2012

Richmond Beach Overlook

I went to the overlook at Richmond Beach, one day, recently, after work, to see the sunset and I was really surprised, for once, to find it mostly deserted. I whipped out my camera, as it is rare to find no one around the pergola. People seem to flock to it and the area directly around it. as bees to honey. The solitude there was very beautiful and soothing, with an undeniable air of mystery to add poignancy to the experience.




Pergola II
Here is an overview of the pergola and the view out to Puget Sound... 






Pergola Closeup II
I had a great time playing and experimenting with framing
and shooting different angles and details of the pergola
 with the beautiful view of the water to compliment it...






Pergola Closeup III
Another angle, as the light shifts and changes
 with the movement of the clouds and sun... 






Pergola Closeup VI
This is the kind of architectural theme that I love,
 and can get passionately involved in studying with my camera,
external structures made by human hands,
paired with Nature and natural light... 






Water View I
I love the dramatic contrast here, in shapes, textures, and light.
Nature is endlessly creative in Her timing, combinations,
intricacy, and expression. It is a continual inspiration
 and source of solace and reassurance for me..






Water View II
The water view, as the sun moves behind the clouds,
before its final bow of the day.


If you are feeling stressed, tired, in pain, or other malady of heart, body or soul, I cannot recommend strongly enough, step outdoors, and especially to a place where you can watch the sunset. It is good medicine. Some of the best.

Blessings,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment