Thursday, October 4, 2012

Recent Photos, with New Camera

Here are a selection of photos taken with my new Canon Rebel T3i, with 18-135mm lens:


Autumn's Emerging
A beautiful, quiet day at Golden Gardens Park, despite the smoke in the air,
from multiple, serious wildfires raging east of the mountains, in Washington...







Breakwater Sunset
Just after sunset, pier near the breakwater, at Golden
Gardens Park. I visit here often, especially at this
time of day...







Canadian Geese in a Row
I got quite a kick out of seeing these geese headed out into the Montlake Cut in a nearly perfect line. Taken
from the shore at the Washington Park Arboretum...








Canoe Silhouette
This shot fascinates me. I think it is because I love photographing people in
silhouette. They are anonymous, they could be anyone, that is the appeal for me...







Delicate Freckles
The light behind this orchid was so magical, it caught my
eye from the other side of the greenhouse. I love seeing
the veins, as well as the delicate freckles of this beauty...








Duck Silhouettes I
Here are two variations of this shot. In the first, their necks are tucked in.
Taken in a quiet little corner of the Washington Park Arboretum 








Duck Silhouettes II
Here is the same pair of ducks looking a little more awake and alert...
Aware, no doubt,  of the person standing a few feet away, amidst nettles
 and mosquitos, wielding a camera...








Red Berries and Leaves
Can anyone identify this plant for me?
I love the emerging colors of Autumn, but I rarely
know the names of the plants that I meet.
I need a botanist to hang out with...








Roots II
I never pass this area without stopping to visit
and stare at this amazing network of roots, all
from one tree...







Warm Wood Layers
I was mesmerized by the beautiful warm hues and layers
of bark on this tree at a botanic garden in Shoreline.
Again, can anyone identify the name of this tree?








Smoky Sunset
As noted in the pictures near the top of this page, the smoke seen here
is from a series of raging wildfires East of the mountains. There is, at least
some small return, in beauty, for so much loss and devastation...



Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoy these. I hope to have many more images to share
next week.

Blessings,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment