Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Setting for a Birthday Celebration

Recently I made a trip to Golden Gardens Park and Beach, with my camera, specifically to take advantage of the light of the full moon. I arrived at dusk, and stayed until about 10pm. It was a reasonably clear evening, not too cold, and many people had built bonfires along the beach. It was a cheerful, warming sight. From a distance, I spotted some sort of marquee of small, brilliant lights, and decided to check it out. When I drew closer, I met Asia Rau Vinton of Sparrow SoirĂ©es Event Planning Boutique, and an assistant, who were busy putting the finishing touches on surprise birthday party scene for a client who wanted to surprise his wife, with a party on the beach. The ambiance that they managed to create was lovely and intimate, despite taking place on a large, public beach, and I promptly offered to photograph the scene for them. Here are the results...






A small oasis on the beach, complete with birthday cake, candlelight,
a blanket and soft pillows...









The beach was quiet; with a soft breeze that made the
candles flicker gently, and the soothing sounds of
the water a few yards away...









Lovely and festive. The crisp white tablecloth and
colorful flowers won me over, not to mention the
strings of tiny lights...









Location, location, location....romantic, intimate, even
a full moon to go with the candlelight.


No comments:

Post a Comment