Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Snow Walk

Here are a few pictures taken over the course of 3 days, with varying amounts of snow on the ground. These were all taken in the neighborhood where I live, in north Seattle:

'Beached'
It amused me to see this rowboat beached on the sidewalk in my neighborhood...






'Snow Block'
I love the shapes, shadows, highlights, and texture here...






'Snow Drops IV'
Snow melting off of branches, in between snowfalls, just before sunset...






'Ice Nest'
I was intrigued with the little ball of ice centered so perfectly over the lichens on this branch...






'Fire Hydrant'
I am fond of old, peeling, rusted fire hydrants...







'Snow & Lighted Tree'
I love the lights on this tree. It looked so magical in the twilight and snow...






'A Good Day for Sailing'
On one of my walks, I encountered a yard with about a dozen whirligigs of every variety, on top of their fence. This one was my favorite, and seemed nicely symbolic against the blue of the sky. 


I hope you have enjoyed these. I will probably be adding some more snow pictures very soon.

Blessings,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment