Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Golden Gardens Contrast: 2011 & 2012

Here is the last photo I took in 2011, on December 31st, at Golden Gardens beach, of a Blue Heron.

I could not believe that s/he let me get this close. There was no zoom lens or telephoto involved here. I really was that close to the heron! I was on my knees, so to look less tall and scary, and could not believe how blessed I was to have this experience!

I do not recommend, by the way, marching up close to any wild animal or bird! Please be safe and respectful! I moved very slowly and gradually, wearing soft, dark colors, and was watching for signs of agitation or aggression from the heron the whole time....

Blue Heron






Here is another shot from Golden Gardens, taken a week ago, after a long walk: This shot was taken in daylight, with the sun coming through the branches of the tree. Rather than using special lenses or filters, this shot was simply taken through the lens of my sunglasses! It pays to experiment with whatever toys or tools are handy. I love the haunting, dreamy quality of this photograph...

Dreaming Tree






No comments:

Post a Comment