Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Meditation for Today

© 2011 Linda Gayle Parker, All Rights Reserved



My meditation for today: 
When I am intimidated by something I don't know about but wish I did, or someone who seems very successful or savvy with regard to something I wish I knew or was involved in, I  concentrate on it being an opportunity to ask lots of questions and to learn. 

It is as if that intimidation, that anxiety, that despairing wish, is my cue NOT give in to feeling insecure, or inexperienced, but to open my mouth and start asking. The emotional reaction is the pointer. It means, "Here is something that needs to be acknowledged and addressed." I have gotten so much valuable information and insight that way! The heavy shrinking feeling is replaced with a feeling of expansion. 

The heart knows what it is doing! To actively concentrate on opening up, when one feels intimidated, and expanding instead of shrinking, that's an important key.

The challenge is: 
See what you can do if you stay true to your own heart's desire and don't shrink backward in fear or doubt. Instead, throw your arms open wide and surrender. Welcome meaningful, positive change into your life, ask for loving guidance, and keep moving forward.

Have Faith in the radiance of your true, realized self. Have Faith in the uniqueness of your own path. Your uniqueness as an individual equals your Gifts.

I have begun to experience the rewards of this in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment