Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day and Night Petals

Every year, I look forward to this beautiful tree in my neighborhood coming into bloom. It forms a roof of fragrant, white petals overhead, that is a delight to walk under. At night, clear Christmas lights  flicker on, and the effect of the tiny lights amidst the sea of white petals is absolutely magical. I have photographed this year after year and never get tired of it.

All Photos © 2011 Linda Gayle Parker, All Rights Reserved.
First Evening, there was a breeze, so it was very difficult to get a half-second exposure that did not contain blur...



The camera was on a tripod, the flowers own movement provided the lovely soft-focus effect...
The next morning, I decided to photograph these by sunshine...
I am so glad to see the beauty of Spring!...
The interior petals look like chiffon...



This is what I love to walk under. It is so beautiful against blue sky and sunshine...
Second evening, the air was more calm. I began shooting at twilight and then came back and took more shots later, in full nighttime...



Another twilight shot...
Full nighttime...
About 10pm, beautiful, ethereal, quiet.



As another treat, I walked up our alley with a few friends and recorded a pond full of frogs singing. I love to hear them. They always begin about twilight and generally sing until around midnight. You cannot see them on this video, but you should be able to hear their chorus loud and clear, if you care to turn up the volume. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment