Tuesday, January 6, 2015

One Clear, Cold Night at Green Lake

I spent a few hours one cold evening recently at Green Lake, taking long exposure photos near Evans Pool. I love these small expeditions experimenting with ambient light, especially on a clear night with plenty of moonlight, or when it is breezy and there has been rain; surfaces reflect light back to the camera like a gift.

A good headlamp definitely comes in handy, as does a remote shutter release. The one thing I really needed, as I discovered, was some fingerless gloves. It can be awkward shooting at night, using only ambient light, especially when you can barely see the area that you are trying to photograph well enough to focus. But, when my hands repeatedly got so cold I couldn't feel the controls on my camera, well, let's just say I speedily ordered a pair of fingerless gloves after I got home that night...



































































No comments:

Post a Comment