Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A New Beginning: Studio Dance Photographs, with Elizabeth Dennis

Welcome back!  I have been gone from this blog for so long! I have been busy with school, taking photography classes, and throwing myself whole-heartedly into the world of photography. Last quarter I worked with studio photography: portraiture, product, metal, glass, etc. It was a fantastic opportunity to work in teams, learn continually, and shoot in the studio every week.

I have always loved dance and photographing dance, as a result, my final project consisted of photographing a variety of dancers and dance styles, solo, in the studio. One of my models was the beautiful and talented Elizabeth Dennis, known in the Seattle area for her unique fusion of different styles, such as Belly Dance or Raks Sharqi, Flamenco, East Indian, and others. Here are three shots from my shoot with her. She was a terrific model...



Elizabeth dancing with one of her favorite props, a fan.
She has a magical ability to create free flowing shapes...






Elizabeth dancing with a veil. She is also well known, among
dance enthusiasts, for her beautifully expressive hands and arms...








Elizabeth kicks up her heels in a passionate and expressive fusion
 of Flamenco and Danse Orientale, demonstrating the integral role
that costuming plays in dance...

2 comments:

  1. Linda Parker, Linda Parker.. These are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! You did such a great job in capturing the right moment!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This was one of my favorite photography projects! It is also hard work, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete